Opening & Closing Dates
*annual wage will be pro-rated based on start date and/or full-time/part-time status, base wage is contingent upon the employee actively working the full year, unpaid days off will adjust wage for that specific pay-period.
Opening Date: January 9, 2016
Closing Date: January 23, 2016 or until filled
Responsible for managing and supporting all accounting department functions and support of staff. General primary duties include overseeing the monthly close process and supporting accounting staff, which includes general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
Legend: E = Essential / NE = Non Essential / N/A = Not Applicable
- Serve as back-up for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and provide support and oversight to the accounting staff as needed and/or during his/her absence. E
- Supervise, evaluate, manage, train and develop staff in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the agency and work closely with the CFO and Department of Human Resources to manage all personnel items (i.e.; interviewing, hiring, discipline actions, etc.)
- Assist CFO to develop, implement, manage, monitor, assess, and/or oversee all aspects of accounting in collaboration with applicable stakeholders (i.e.; staff, internal/external auditors, etc.) to include, but not limited to: period-end journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, preparation of period-end financial reports, and ensuring accurate and timely financial period closings, income recognition, receivables reconciliation and reserve schedules, prepare cash flow reports, maintain accounting system and its related modules. Approve monthly bank reconciliations, etc.
- Follow and ensure adherence to all legal, organizational, and contractual requirements, laws and policies. E
- Assist CFO to ensure compliance and accurate data and documents (i.e.; account classifications, grant fund expenditures, incoming/outgoing documentation such as purchase orders, payables/receivables, etc. E
- Prepare, complete, and submit required items by due dates and required timelines. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all stakeholders (i.e.; employees, vendors). NE
- Implement and/or practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse under current policies and procedures, as required. E
- Attend all meetings and professional development activities, as directed. NE
- Perform other duties as assigned. NE
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree from an accredited school in Accounting.
- Five (5) years of direct professional accounting experience, preferably with a public accounting firm or in the not-for-profit field.
- Two (2) years of experience in supervising staff, planning, and managing accounting department or closely related field; or must complete La Causa, Inc. supervisor training within 30 days of hire.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Strong cultural competency and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, appropriate to target audiences across multiple functional areas, categories, levels, linguistic, and economic backgrounds; both in a team and individual environment.
- Excellent critical thinking; able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Highly developed organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends depending on needs of the program needs.
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks.
- Transportation, valid Wisconsin Driver’s license, state minimum auto insurance, and must meet La Causa, Inc. driving standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, reach, stoop, bend, and walk. Employee is frequently required to see, talk, or hear. Finger dexterity is also required. Infrequent lifting including heavy files and computers will be encountered.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Some local travel required; state-wide travel as needed.
Apply online at www.lacausa.org under “History and Info” then “Employment App.”
Please know that your Public Libraries offer free use of a computer and access to internet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Any current La Causa, Inc. employee wishing to apply for this position should notify their immediate supervisor of their intentions and must complete and submit the Job Bid Form (with an updated resume) to the Department of Human Resources for processing.
**Please do not submit a separate application for each position. Please select all positions you wish to apply for in the “Position” drop down box.**
LA CAUSA, INC. IS AN AA/EEOC/LEP EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY EOE OF MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETS/DISABILITY