Assistant Teacher II
Opening & Closing Dates
$10.11 per hour
Responsible for a safe and educational classroom environment by providing daily care, nurturing and development of children.
Legend: E = Essential / NE = Non Essential / N/A = Not Applicable
BILINGUAL POSITIONS MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE DUTIES LISTED BELOW IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH:
- Act as a back-up for other teaching related positions as needed and directed. E
- Supervise and interact with children while treating all children with dignity and respect and in accordance with legal, organizational, and contractual requirements, laws and policies, etc. E
- Ensure a safe environment to prevent accidents, illness, and injury and respond to fire/emergency drills and actual situations. E
- Follow legal, organizational and contractual requirements, laws and policies (i.e.; WI Child Care Regulations, NAC standards, etc.). E
- Practice and/or implement the duties and requirements of a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse under current policies and procedures, as required. E
- Prepare, complete, distribute, and/or submit required items by due dates; to include, but not limited to: medicine distribution log, student notes, reports, statistical data, etc. E
- Attend all meetings, workshops, and professional development activities, as directed and/or required. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration and cooperation with all stakeholders (i.e., parents, co-workers, etc.). NE
- Perform other duties as assigned. NE
- Minimum of levels 6 -11 on WI State Registry required.
- Minimum of one (1) year paid experience working with families and/or paid classroom experience required.
- Must complete 25 hours of in-service training on a yearly basis (calendar year).
- Bilingual, Spanish and English, strongly preferred (required for Bilingual positions).
- Must be able to lift children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Demonstrated critical thinking; able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities and able to respond quickly and courteously.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, interpersonal relationship skills, and ability to work effectively with others in a diverse cultural, linguistic and economic background; both in a team and individual environment.
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks (including annual checks) to include, but not limited to: Criminal History, TB Testing, and Physical.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, depending on program needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, reach, stoop, bend, and walk. Employee is frequently required to see, talk, or hear. Finger dexterity is also required. Frequent lifting of children (of at least 50 pounds) is required and will be encountered.
Work is generally performed in school/office environment, including travel. Flexible hours required; as dictated by program needs.
Apply online at www.lacausa.org under “Careers” then “New Applicant Application.”
Please know that your Public Libraries offer free use of a computer and access to internet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Any current La Causa, Inc. employee wishing to apply for this position is required to notify their immediate supervisor of their intentions and must complete the Job Bid Form online, which will be submitted to the Department of Human Resources for processing. Failure to notify your immediate supervisor prior to submitting an application will lead to applicant disqualification.
**Please do not submit a separate application for each position. Please select all positions you wish to apply for in the “Position” drop down box.**
LA CAUSA, INC. IS AN AA/EEOC/LEP EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY EOE OF MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETS/DISABILITY