Programs Administrator - Social Services Youth Program
Opening & Closing Dates
*annual wage will be pro-rated based on start date and/or full-time/part-time status, base wage is contingent upon the employee actively working the full year, unpaid days off will adjust wage for that specific pay-period.
Responsible for assisting and supporting the division Director with the day-to-day operations and for overall design, development, and implementation of all programs and staff; either in the Social Services Youth or Adult programs.
Legend: E = Essential / NE = Non-Essential / N/A = Not Applicable
- Serve as a back-up for division Director and provide support and oversight to the Youth OR Adult programs and staff as needed and/or during his/her absence. E
- Manage, supervise, develop, implement, monitor, and oversee all aspects of the Youth OR Adult Social Services division to include, but not limited to: operation manuals and guidelines, work plans, contract/grant renewals and/or applications, participant activities/meetings, participant communications, advocacy, etc. E
- Facilitate all aspects of compliance, quality assurances, and improvement systems to include, but not limited to: develop, implement, and audit services to maintain fiscal responsibility and service integrity, evaluation tools, compliant, accurate, and secure system for information and data (i.e.; participant files, archiving of files, health information, etc.), etc. E
- Follow and ensure compliance with legal, organizational, and contractual requirements, laws and policies to include, but not limited to: audits, program evaluations and recommendations, licensing standards, new or enhanced policies and procedures. E
- Supervise, evaluate, manage, and train/develop staff in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the agency and work closely with the Department of Human Resources to manage all personnel items (i.e.; interviewing, hiring, discipline actions, etc.). E
- Prepare, develop, complete, distribute, and/or submit required items by due dates; to include, but not limited to: grants, contract applications, reports, statistics, Personnel Action Records, evaluations, compliance documents, etc. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all stakeholders (i.e.; participants, staff, local and federal agencies, community partners, etc.). NE
- Attend meetings/workshops/professional development activities, act as the agency’s liaison and representative of La Causa, Inc. (internally and externally), and perform training and presentations, as directed. NE
- Implement and/or practice the duties and responsibilities of a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse under current policies and procedures, as required. E
- Perform other duties as assigned. NE
- Master degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Counseling, and/or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Valid State Licensure (LCSW, LPC, LMFT).
- ● Programs Administrator - Social Services Youth Programs - Five (5) years of direct professional social work experience providing services to youth 18 years and younger (i.e.; case management).●Programs Administrator - Social Services Adult Programs - Five (5) years of direct professional social work experience providing services to adults 19 years and older (i.e.; case management).
- Three (3) years of experience (of which two (1) year must have been post-Master’s degree) in supervising staff, planning, and managing programs targeting the respective area of the position (Youth OR Adult).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), preferred.
- Strong cultural competency and interpersonal relationship skills. Able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity with diverse groups and ability to work with individuals from diverse economic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must possess highly developed professional writing skills and be able converse in a way that is both effective and appropriate for the type of work listed.
- Excellent critical thinking; able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the program.
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks.
- Ability to drive, transportation, valid Wisconsin Driver’s license, state minimum auto insurance, and must meet La Causa, Inc. driving standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to drive, stand, sit, reach, stoop, bend, and walk. Employee is frequently required to see, talk, or hear. Finger dexterity is also required. Infrequent lifting, including files, will be encountered.
Work is generally performed in field and office environments. Some local travel required; occasional state-wide travel needed. Flexible hours required; as dictated by program needs.
Apply online at www.lacausa.org under “History and Info” then “Employment App.”
Please know that your Public Libraries offer free use of a computer and access to internet.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Any current La Causa, Inc. employee wishing to apply for this position should notify their immediate supervisor of their intentions and must complete and submit the Job Bid Form (with an updated resume) to the Department of Human Resources for processing.
**Please do not submit a separate application for each position. Please select all positions you wish to apply for in the “Position” drop down box.**
LA CAUSA, INC. IS AN AA/EEOC/LEP EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY EOE OF MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETS/DISABILITY