- History and Info
- Our Programs
- Make a Difference!
La Causa Family Resource Center
The goal of La Causa’s Prevention and Family Support Services is to develop, strengthen and support the quality of family life through a sustained culture of education, resources, shelter and advocacy keeping children and families free from all forms of abuse and neglect.
La Causa Family Resource Center Programs and Services
La Causa’s Family Resource Center is one of the largest resource centers in Wisconsin and is fully bilingual (Spanish/English). The Family Resource Center assists, supports, and educates parents in responding to the physical, social and emotional needs of their children, in an effort to strengthen family life and prevent abuse and neglect.
The Family Resource Center offers a variety of programs and services for families. All parents are welcome and new classes are being offered all year round. Most programs are offered in both English and Spanish.
Some Programs Offered at the La Causa Family Resource Center:
Walk–in services for parenting questions or resource information
- The Nurturing Program/ Crianza con Carino parenting class
- Welcome Baby class for expecting parents
- Circulo de Apoyo support group for family members of someone that has been deported
- United Women of La Causa / Mujeres Unidas womens' support and educational group
- Family Fun events
- Play and Learn groups
- Workshops on health and parenting topics
- As One – Healthy Relationship Classes for unmarried couples
- Developmental screenings for your child
- Parents As Teachers and Parents are Key child development information, resources and parent child activities all offered to you in your home.
- Computer Lab and internet access for the community
- Toy and Resource Library
- Parents as Partners helping parents and children get ready for school
- Empowering Familes of Milwaukee
- The Hispanic Early Learning Program, a parntership with our Early Education and Care center to provide support services to families enrolled in our child care.
We also offer a variety of professional development workshops for child care providers, foster care parents, respite providers and other professionals in the community.
Call (414) 647-5971 for more information on any of these programs and services
For upcoming program times and dates at the La Causa Family Resource Center, click here
Who Family Resource Center Serves
During 2009 at the La Causa Family Resource Center provided services to:
- 541 parents served
- 545 children served
- 4,136 callers received pareting and resource information
- More than 100 families participated in Parents As Teachers home visiting program
- 27 workshops
- 36 professional development trainings