- History and Info
- Our Programs
- Make a Difference!
Early Education & Care Center
Who We Are
The Early Education and Care Center, located on the corner of 8th and Greenfield, is the oldest of La Causa’s programs. Our Early Education Center is a direct descendant of the very first La Causa Daycare established by the organization’s founding mothers back in 1971. Back then, we cared for just 17 children for four hours each weekday. In 2011, our Early Education & Care Center provided services to 882 children.
Why What We Do Matters
We are located on Milwaukee’s south side, which allows our program to serve a high concentration of Hispanic/Latino families. While Latino children represent the largest share of young children nationwide, fewer than half are enrolled in center-based early education programs. In 2010, the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics reports that by age 2, Latino children are less likely than their non-Latino peers to demonstrate expressive vocabulary skills. Preschool-aged Latinos also exhibit lower average scores in language and mathematics knowledge than their non-Latino peers.
La Causa Early Education & Care Center helops make our community and nation stronger by providing all children the early education they’ll need to succeed in school and life.
Our Programs and Services
The Early Education and Care Center follows Creative Curriculum, which guides teachers in their daily interactions with children. This approach allows children to learn through key experiences and learning targets in a stimulating, bilingual environment. We also provide 2 nutritious meals and 2 snacks daily and family support services. Other services we provide:
- Educational & developmentally appropriate early childhood programs for children ages 4 weeks through 12 years
- The Enhanced Childcare Head Start Option (E.C.H.O.), a program that offers full-day high quality child care and Head Start programs for children 3 and 4 years old. The E.C.H.O. program engages children in seven domains of learning including physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development.
- Before and after school childcare
- School off programs
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily
- Family support services through ELP or Hispanic Early Learning Program
La Causa Early Education & Care Center is located at 809 W. Greenfield Ave. in Milwaukee. To enroll your child in one of our programs, call (414) 647-5980.
|Early Education & Care Center Fall 2012 Wishlist||390.47 KB|
|Download Early Education & Care Center's 2013 Brochure||3.33 MB|